Tuesday 17 December 2019

ICP: Experiments

Full Image in Black and White,  Full Image in Colour 

Experiments Subject In Contact Sheets

ICP: Experiments


The idea behind the experiments is to see what effect that I can have when working on the subjects to see if I can create a Cruel and Tender theme. The outcome of the experiments is interesting as you can understand the subject more with the subject only being in colour as they are more connected to the viewer as they stand out like a saw thumb which works as they bring them all together. The experiments I Believe are a success with making them look like they are part of the theme of being cruel and tender. The idea with this is that they come together. The Outcome for the version with the subject in colour is not the strongest because it does not allow the viewer to get a full understanding of what is going. I think if I am to go with this in another book I will just keep the subject in colour and the background in grey-scale setup.

Experiments, Process

The Process on creating the experiment was done by making sure the exposure was edited to the correct level in Lightroom and then by creating a snap-shop so if there are errors I can go back to the snapshot. To Create the outcome where the subject is in colour I made sure that I checked the colours are not similar if they and select the mask and reduce the saturation and making sure invert the settings so the area is in greyscale. This is also done in reverse to make the subject in Black and white. Shown in the contact sheets are the settings that I had the master saturation on to make the work stand out to come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portrait Of Kent, Canterbury Cathedral

The Portrait of Kent: Canterbury Cathedral is a social documentary portraiture series of photographs, which documents the life of the cathed...