Tuesday 17 November 2020

Annotations, Bridges, all from “ASHFORD KENT REMEMBERING THE WAY IT ONCE WAS”

The images denote several bridges located in Ashford, these bridges are Newtown rail bridge, Ashford International and others. The images are featured are all located from the local Facebook page to understand the History of some of the bridges in Ashford. You can see in the image’s peoples snapshots from the past.

The images interpreted the history of parts of Ashford showing how the town has changed over the years. The images communicate the feeling of nostalgia with how parts of this town have changed when they have upgraded parts of the town to make it fit for the next couple years to make life easier for most people. The meaning behind these photos being uploaded to Facebook is to show people the past of Ashford for people who are young or new to the town.

The work is significant to my project as these images are some of the locations that I am planning on using going forward in shooting around the town. I like the composition with some of the images not being centre for safety reasons which is what I am going to replicate, I like how the ideas behind the work are about showing the past. I am planning on showing Ashford in the present as with the use of film they will be frozen in time and a lot harder to edit.

The strengths of these images are that it tells a story of how the town has changed, the images are strong on their own however I am planning on using them to mould together to make them stronger. The weakness that I can think of is that the images are not the high quality which is due to Facebook downsizing the images.

I am planning on taking forward how some of the images have been set up to capture what is going on at the locations. I am not planning on using the same set up on all but I am planning on getting the images as shown in these at an angle in order to keep my self from the road or other hazards that might be beside me. I am planning on offering them all in black and white to make my images different.

The original intended audience was for the member of the public to capture how the town is changing and this allows them to look back on there archive. The intended audience for the posts is to show nostalgia when it comes to the past of the town’s history. Images have changed over time with it showing how the news and what is going on at the time and with the images today it shows the remembrance of the time that has gone by.

The context of the images that I have selected have all come from Facebook, the images are designed to show how the town has changed over the years. This would work well in a gallery to show the history of the town with the changes. This would not work in a national gallery due to the fact it is about local history, but the work is important for the town centre and the locals from Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Portrait Of Kent, Canterbury Cathedral

The Portrait of Kent: Canterbury Cathedral is a social documentary portraiture series of photographs, which documents the life of the cathed...