Friday 23 October 2020

Project Proposal: The desirable Object


Project Proposal: The desirable Object

Stick Man

Concept

The Concept for the project is to focus on the toys from Julia Donaldson’s books The Gruffalo and Stick man, the toys are simple but the catch the imagination of many people across the world. The toys will be photographed at home, on location and the studio. I am planning on photographing the toys. Some of the toys will be photographed to look funny and comedic. The toys will be done to look like an advert for the toys, this will be done using branding from the books and using similar typefaces to make them stronger. The demographic is going to be parents and their children with the factor being the books are aimed at young children. The work will be made to show the popularity of the books and the toy in the run-up to Christmas.

Methodologies

When it comes to the Methodologies the location of this shoot will be done at home, at university and on the move thus allowing more flexibility if we go into another Lockdown in the future this projects can be covered on the future. The work will be done with no help due to the virus and this is project will make the advert stand out for the viewer.

Intended Publication/ Audience

The intended audience for the project is going to be young children as I am going to be using the Gruffalo and the stick man character with the book being aimed at young children. The outcome is to make the work look like an elf on the self-styled campaign. This will allow me to take advantage of any Covid lockdown or forced self-isolation `by the government. The work will all be published on my social media feeds and website.

Equipment Used

The equipment that I am going to be using is a Nikon D3400 with a 35mm with this being the equipment that I have available. I will be using a light meter at home when it arrives on the w/c 26/10 this will allow me to get a decent amount of ambient lighting in my bedroom. When looking at syncing my camera to Lightroom it will not work as my camera is not supported to be tethered so I will be going with the Nikon based app and the back of the camera and review it regularly by manually importing the images.

Skills

The Skills that I am going to need to improve when it comes to this project is how to shoot in dark ambient light when it comes to the object due to the fact that I do not have any studio equipment at home. I am also going to try and make sure that stick man is in the right place and can be photographed on a lower ISO than it might be required. I am going to try and tether my camera by using Nikon’s Capture and view applications for my camera as Lightroom does not support my camera.

Writers 

The writer that I am going to be researching is Julia Donaldson, as she is the author the project is going to be based around when it comes to stick man. I am going to be using her as the main subject and focusing on how she has used the guy and how I could model him to make it link to her book and how it could be changed given the current Covid restrictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portrait Of Kent, Canterbury Cathedral

The Portrait of Kent: Canterbury Cathedral is a social documentary portraiture series of photographs, which documents the life of the cathed...